Learning Science Manager
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
In this role, you will be working with a diverse team (education, research and investment) to support selected EdTech Startups from Nigeria and Kenya to effectively adopt learning science theories and sound pedagogical practices in the design of products to improve learning experiences and outcomes for their learners.
- Work with the startups to improve their adoption of effective pedagogies and learning science theories in the design of the learning experience of their products. This will include but not limited to consultation on content/course design; design of assignments, exercises, and simulations; guidance on integrating student feedback, etc.
- Analyse the strengths and areas of opportunity for pedagogy; develop and implement a comprehensive plan of activities to improve pedagogy. Emphasise diversity, inclusion and belonging in every aspect of pedagogy.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on to understand target learners and their contexts
- Work with the selected startups and the research team to develop frameworks for learner performance and assessment.
- Analyse and provide feedback on curriculum design, delivery in learning content/course development.
- Develop standards and templates, based on the African context to guide startups adoption of learning science and pedagogy in delivering optimum learning outcomes.
- Masters Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field
- 5+ years experience working in the education or education technology space
- Excellent Knowledge of learning science theories and instructional design models
- Ability to design and adopt pedagogical strategies to deliver improved outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with research on pedagogical strategies and curriculum practices
- Demonstrated experience working with learners from a variety of classes and age groups (K-12 to tertiary and or corporate learning)
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and school administration
- Collaborative leader who works across stakeholders, promotes teamwork and effectively leads and facilitates multiple complex projects