Head of Programmes- Nambia
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), Windhoek (Namibia) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Head of Programmes will be responsible for the design and management of CcHUB’s portfolio of programmes delivered in Namibia. This will involve leading, planning, developing and managing the programmes team to achieve the company’s aim at bringing together stakeholder groups to co-create new technology driven solutions for African prosperity. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring every innovative programme delivers immediate and lasting change for CcHUB and our strategic partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the company’s programmes strategic aims, and objectives.
- Develop new programmes management initiatives to support the effective and quality delivery of programme portfolio.
- Take ownership and manage the end-to-end process of project execution involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Ensure the appropriate systems and procedures are established and followed, ensuring best practices in project management are continually developed and used with the appropriate programme/project management framework in place.
- Ensure that all programme activities operate within all policies and procedures of the company as well as adhere to relevant legal guidelines and legislations.
- Identify and deploy the technical skills sets, resource levels, and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as/and if required.
- Programme Review, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Monitor scope of work to ensure timeliness, quality and accuracy of activities vis-à-vis contractual and programme commitments.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators for each area of responsibility.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management and reporting.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of programme and project performance report as per desired standard and guidelines.
- Identify and evaluate risks associated with the programme activities and take appropriate action to control the risk
- Programme Design
- Advocates for design thinking methodology throughout the company.
- Mentor team members on the design process and its value. Collaborate across agile teams to ensure designs are feasible to implement and subsequently implemented accurately.
- Build traction and toolkit for design methods to spread within the company.
- Partnership Management Initiate and nurture networks and alliances with partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure effective information flow and communication with different partners and stakeholders
- Team Management
- Lead the continuous review of the Programmes Unit’s capacity to ensure the unit is adequately staffed to deliver and achieve its delegated targets in accordance to annual operational plans.
- Promote and foster an empowering work environment and team building in compliance to the Company’s values, culture and principles.
- Identify capacities needed (skills sets and competencies) to achieve unit and organizational goals.
- Work with the People team to ensure those capacities are developed or acquired.
- Conduct regular one on one feedbacks, assign performance goals to supervised employees, conduct comprehensive performance assessments and support professional development of programme team members.
- New Opportunities
- Direct budget development for new programmes and renewals.
- Oversee management of programmes budget to ensure effective and compliant use of funds and disbursement of allocated resources. All spend must be in line with partner regulation and contractor budgets
- An educational background in Technology, and/or Business Management-related fields.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in programme/project management in the startup space, enterprise development or consulting experience.
- Leadership and Stakeholder Management experience
- Passionate about technology, startups, innovation, with an understanding of the technology ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial experience or experience working in a startup environment with demonstrated understanding of the technology and startup support ecosystem.
- Organised, resourceful, able to take initiative and make sound decisions
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically solve problems
- Ability to work well in a team and can individually prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft and Google suites
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.