Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), Kigali (Rwanda), and Windhoek (Namibia) we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Research Associate (2) to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in conducting field research, engaging with stakeholders, conducting interviews, and producing comprehensive reports. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research initiatives and make a meaningful impact on our organization's goals.
- Field Research: Plan, execute, and manage field research activities independently or as part of a team. This includes data collection, observation, and analysis of relevant information to support research objectives.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish and maintain productive relationships with various stakeholders, including community members, experts, industry professionals, and relevant organizations. Collaborate effectively to ensure a comprehensive understanding of diverse perspectives and insights.
- Interviews: Conduct structured interviews, focus groups, and surveys with key individuals and groups. Extract valuable information, opinions, and insights to inform research projects.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Gather and organize qualitative and quantitative data from various sources. Utilize appropriate methodologies to analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions that contribute to research goals.
- Report Writing: Prepare clear, concise, and well-organized research reports, whitepapers, and presentations. Communicate findings, recommendations, and insights effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Project Management: Manage research projects, including timeline creation, task delegation, and progress tracking. Ensure that projects are executed in a timely manner and meet quality standards.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate research findings into broader initiatives. Contribute to brainstorming sessions, problem-solving, and the development of innovative solutions.
- Stay Current: Keep up-to-date with relevant literature, emerging trends, and best practices in the field of research. Apply new knowledge to enhance research methodologies and outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., social sciences, environmental studies, public health, etc.). Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in conducting field research, engaging with stakeholders, and conducting interviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear and accessible reports.
- Proficiency in data collection, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and using appropriate software/tools.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- Detail-oriented approach to research and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Flexibility to travel for fieldwork and stakeholder engagement as required.