Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), Kigali (Rwanda), and Windhoek (Namibia) we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
Working closely with the Director of People, this role will drive HR functions to ensure compliance and core functionality while helping prepare the organization for future growth. This includes promoting company values and culture, implementing employee benefits and development programs, and refining policies and processes. This role will provide day-to-day management, oversight, and technical support to our People in Kenya, Nigeria, Namibia, and Rwanda.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics and resolve any issues that may arise to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Oversee the maintenance of employee files and records, as well as sensitive and confidential data, employee files, and documents ensuring adherence to confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance with labour regulations
- Manage New Hire Orientation and support our onboarding program to ensure seamless integration of new hires into CcHUB’s culture and community.
- Conduct off-boarding, analyze trends and share data with the Director of People to influence/inform decisions.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with the rest of the People Unit and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
Policy, Process, and Systems
- Collaborate with the Director of People to develop, review, edit, and implement policies, internal processes and procedure manuals.
- The key point of contact for HR legal and regulatory compliance; regularly monitors updates and performs periodic audits of various processes to ensure efficiency and compliance (employee files documents, contracts, etc.).
- Advise employees on day-to-day HR policies and procedures and other employee lifecycle events.
Employee Engagement & Culture
- Support the development of tools, programs, and metrics that increase Employee Engagement.
- Leads the annual Employee Engagement Survey administration & action planning process for all employees- including preparation, survey execution, analysis, and planning.
- Ensures the results are communicated, and action planning efforts are upheld company-wide throughout the year.
- Accountable for ensuring the integrity of the employee engagement process, tools, and outcomes.
- Develop, implement and promote engagement initiatives in line with business objectives.
- Proactively promote and lead activities to contribute to the adoption of company values in action and positive office culture.
- Organize regular team-building and culture-building activities outside of work.
- Bachelor’s Level or equivalent in a related field
- Professional Qualifications (e.g CIPM, SPHRI)
- 7+ years of HR leadership experience.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- You are familiar with talent management and supporting the teams through the different processes
- You enjoy helping to implement or scaling core people processes and systems.
- You enjoy working at a fast pace to achieve growth whilst maintaining a focus on accuracy and quality.
- You are organized, with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks effectively at the same time.
- You are a company ambassador and you will develop our strong internal culture to support our growth and retention of existing talents.
- You have worked in a technologically driven environment as an in-house people practitioner.
- You have the ability to manage various stakeholders, work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems.