HEI Community Manager
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
As a Community Manager, you are arguably one of the most important elements when creating and scaling a coworking and community vision. As community manager, you will be responsible for creating innovative & exciting methods to engage and manage the HEI Community.
The Community Manager will identify and thoroughly understand the various groups of the HEI Community and will drive the awareness of CcHUB projects through creative, clear and compelling methods.
- Develop strategies to expand & deepen the HEI Community through various strategic community engagements which will drive new member acquisition and create an active, engaging community across higher education institutions.
- Identify, launch and manage community initiatives that will keep the HEI community engaged.
- Work very closely with the communications team, on how to better engage our community online and create content that is relatable.
- Champion events, internal and external, and ensure a seamless execution of the same
- Produce bi-monthly reports on community trends including but not limited to data on a number of events, type of event, & the number of attendees at such events.
- Plan monthly events, hangouts, digital engagement, workshops and seminars targeted at various community members.
- Work closely with innovators across all higher education institutions to create a strong sense of community and collaboration across borders - both online and offline.
- Organise Demo days that bring together innovators, investors, academic community together to highlight innovations from HEI and facilitate investment in the spinoffs
A keen understanding of
- How to create and sustain active communities in person and online
- Understand what community engagement is and how to meet the needs of the community
- Tools and strategies that enhance community engagement both online and offline
- Successful candidate will have the following experience
- Bachelor’s Level or Equivalent in communication, English, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Organisational skills to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills to engage with technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience of working in a large, complex organization with extensive stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills