- 1 KG 546 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
As Developer Advocate reporting to the Head of Design Lab, you will lead engagement with communities of stakeholders including the technology and design community, developers, creatives/creators and sector support organizations.
In this role, you will manage the daily operations of the Design Lab’s community ecosystem. You will be a self-starter, build models, metrics of success, and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of the community.
- Lead the Design Lab’s efforts to build awareness and increase the number of successful developers engaging with the Co-creation Hub community.
- Fostering a sense of community by building relationships with the community across a range of stakeholder types in the technology ecosystem.
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical peer and community advocate, as well as help developers, build their identity and credibility.
- Drive the efforts of formalizing and scaling our developer funnel.
- Define cross-functionally and implement a roadmap of exciting events, education initiatives, workshops, meetups, and focused sessions, including keynotes and speakers at industry and branded events to help target stakeholders evaluate our capabilities and learn how to contribute to community-driven innovation.
- Play a pivotal role in the long-term success of our community members by collaborating with engineering, design, and other peers and providing direct feedback gathered.
- Responsible for developing the content strategy across all social media channels, with a strong focus on Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, our website and other bespoke community engagement tools in use.
- Understand the specific user experience and consumer journey and suggest improvements to how we better engage with our audience directly.
- Analyse the effectiveness of our engagement and social media campaigns to shape the next wave of activity.
- Ensure all communication and tone of voice are consistent with our brand identity.
- Preparing detailed weekly and monthly reports on community activity
- Overseeing the publishing of relevant content, such as blog entries, on a regular basis and the relevant impact on audience across hubs
- You love working with people and enjoy being helpful
- You have a strong engineering background, you are a developer at heart
- You have 5+ years of relevant working experience and at least 2 years of professional experience working in a startup and / or as a Community Manager and or Developer Relations and / or similar role
- You enjoy and have experience with writing blogs and/or community management and/or public speaking or similar activities
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy explaining complex technical solutions in a way that most people would understand it
- You are very open-minded and love to learn new stuff
- You have fun creating engaging online content
- You have completed a Bachelor degree
- Experience with web technologies, confluence, and/or bug trackers
- You have contributed to open-source software
- Database experience
- You have experience with SEO and social media from a professional perspective
- Effective French communication: you’re comfortable communicating both formally and informally
- You have completed a Master's degree or MBA related to Computer Science / Engineering
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.