Senior Communications Manager
- 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo yaba 100001, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Communications Lead will serve as the creative architect focused on managing the successful development, planning, and execution of external and internal communications strategies and programs that align with Co-creation Hub’s mission and business objectives.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Lead will oversee the team and coordinate the communication efforts to maintain a dynamic flow of engaging information about the growth of the business, our industry as a whole, our company milestones, community, and product launches.
- Create and own the company's all-hands communication strategy.
- Partner closely with the Leadership Team on company-wide internal and external communications, such as company milestones, our vision and mission, and company-wide initiatives.
- Work closely with the unit heads and practice leads to develop and execute communications initiatives, shape their unit Programmes and educate them on how to position themselves externally to raise brand profile.
- Actively monitor and understand the industry and various trends and incorporate them into communications strategy.
- Manage all corporate, product, and internal communications initiatives in alignment with the corporate business objectives.
- Develop communication activities that drive visibility for the business, performance, culture, change initiatives while continually strategizing on the best way to reach targets and enact plans.
- Support internal events, including executive story-telling and pre/post-event communications.
- Collaborate to develop online content that engages our community and leads to measurable action.
- Develop a thoughtful media relations strategy in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Nurture and develop strong partnerships with media outlets/press and stakeholders in the tech ecosystem.
- Oversee CcHUB’s community engagement and program planning.
- Support CcHUB portfolio companies in crafting and advising on execution strategies aligned with their brands.
Leadership and organization
- Interface and consult with units across the company making sure there is always an open and well-structured communication able to create alignment and co-creation of value cross-teams.
- Oversee and organize all of our communications assets, current and from the past including but not limited to press lists, tracking docs, plans, written materials, videos, photos.
- Oversee campaigns to increase awareness and excitement around the CcHUB’s community initiatives, services, and brand.
- Coordinate CcHUB’s events attendance and media around these events.
- Track and report on key quantitative metrics for business performance.
- Offer executive leadership through, fast, and thoughtful recommendations and balance the demands of the media with our goals.
- Define and share with other teams clear policies and guidelines on how, where, and what can be communicated.
Team Management and Management
- Lead and mentor the existing communication team.
- Establish a system of accountability and monitor the performance and competency of direct reports, including conducting timely performance reviews.
- Develop structures to build and train an effective communications team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all other unit heads.
- Participate in key decision-making processes as a member of the Management team.
- 6+ years of internal or external corporate communications experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Communications, Journalism.
- Background in bringing teams (and leadership) along a communications journey that shows company impact
- Passion for and/or experience working in the multicultural communications space.
- Proven experience leading and delivering strategic communications projects across corporate and digital communications and stakeholder engagement, including experience in social media, brand and identity marketing, media relations and analyst relations.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills around complex technical products and features.
- Demonstrated success in crafting the narrative for a startup or fast-growing technology company.
- Social Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Strong interest in technology & social entrepreneurship in Africa
- Solid storyteller, deeply curious, and empathetic thinker
- The ability to build trust within a team and work effectively leading high-performers in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.