- Herbert Macaulay Way, 101245, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
As Communications Associate, you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic communication plan focused on creating visibility for the Education Practice's work; our programmes, and products. You will serve as the creative coordinator for all communications initiatives including social media awareness efforts.
Strategic Communications and Content Management
- Design and implement a strategic roadmap for driving visibility for the educational activities both online and offline
- Develop coherent and cohesive communications components that drive visibility for the business
- Create impactful and engaging content and point of reference materials for all programmes and products
- Drive the growth and improve the engagement of audiences on all of our communications platforms.
Process Structuring and Optimization
Organize current and past communications assets including but not limited to press lists, tracking docs, plans, written materials, videos, photos, etc.
Offer leadership through, fast, and thoughtful recommendations and balance the demands of the media with the corporate goals
The successful candidate will have the following experience
- 3+ years of internal and external corporate communications experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills around complex technical products and features.
- Background in bringing teams (and leadership) along a communications journey that shows company impact
- Demonstrated success in crafting the narrative for a startup or fast-growing technology company.
- Passion for and/or experience working in the multicultural communications space.
- The technology market landscape and the innovation landscape In Nigeria, Kenya and across Africa.
- Product and Project Management
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.