Programme Manager, Design for Health
- 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo yaba 100001, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The programme manager will provide technical expertise, support the design and day-to-day management and implementation of public health projects and activities within the organization.
- Provide technical expertise and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of project activities in the public health practice.
- Analyze potential strategies and opportunities within the public health space and proffer appropriate solutions to address public health challenges towards improving health outcomes.
- Create strategic partnerships with key stakeholders at state, national and cross-country levels and manage existing relationships in order to build a strong and engaged community.
- Actively research new grants and projects to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities to advance the agenda of the public health practice.
- Drive knowledge development and management in the practice, including representing the organization in panels and presenting at external workshops, conferences, etc; contributing to the body of knowledge by authoring abstracts and publications for journals.
- Identify team members’ training needs and assists in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs.
- Actively track team’s activities against the expected outputs and projected objectives.
The Programme Manager will report to the Public Health Practice Lead.
- Degree in Public Health, epidemiology, healthcare related sciences or other relevant field preferred, an advanced degree is an added advantage.
- 5+ years experience with designing, managing and implementing public health projects involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good understanding of the healthcare system in Nigeria and other regions in Africa.
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement capabilities with proven relationships with key stakeholders and players within the industry.
- Experience with digital health, health technology or related fields.
- Organizational, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in grants proposal writing and business development.
- Proven track record managing and supervising a team and fostering teamwork.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity.
- Strong ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely (verbally and written) for a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical) with differing needs.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.