- 1 KG 546 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Community Associate will work with the Community Manager on engagement with communities of stakeholders, including the technology and design community, creatives/creators, sector support organizations like hubs, associations and collectives, service providers, and freelancers, employers, and business owners, etc.
In this role, you will take ownership of key administrative functions towards facilitating the daily operations of the Design Lab’s community ecosystem. You will be a self-starter, vibrant and energetic about ensuring the long-term success and growth of the community.
Community & Stakeholder Management
- Driving initiatives to foster a sense of community by building relationships with the community across a range of stakeholder types.
- Stimulating engagement by interacting with followers and the Design Lab audience, including but not limited to the design and technology community in Rwanda.
- Responsible for delivering successful community events and engagements for the Design Lab in Rwanda, these would be a mix of physical and online events.
- Align with the team to support all design sprints, hackathons, designathons and events the Design Lab will deliver.
- Responsible for developing and updating the content strategy across all social media channels, with a strong focus on Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, our website and other bespoke community engagement tools in use.
- Understand the specific user experience and consumer journey and suggest improvements to how we better engage with our audience directly.
- Liaise with the Communications Unit to monitor analytical reporting in line with KPIs.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our engagement and social media campaigns to shape the next wave of activity.
- Support the Community Manager to ensure all communication and tone of voice is consistent with our brand identity.
- Support the Community Manager in reassuring the interaction level with the community; monitoring answering questions, comments, and customer queries in a timely manner and in monitoring the success of campaigns and events, and analyzing community and social media data.
- Preparing detailed weekly and monthly reports on community activity;
- Monitoring and registering the increase or decrease in the follower volume; and tracking users’ interactions, such as likes, comments, and shares by employing analytic tools as well as physical evaluations of in person events and meetings.
- Publishing of relevant content, such as blog entries, on a regular basis and the relevant impact on audience across hubs
- Implementing and coordinating daily operational community management objectives and processes, while staying flexible and adaptable to the constantly changing environment.
- Supporting a variety of critical business functions, including finance, procurement, vendor management, agreement management, transportation programmes and general office services. Find innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery while minimizing costs.
- Providing an exceptional client and employee service experience by understanding their needs and delivering the right solutions.
- Coordinating communications within, between, and among various functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Support facility service operations capacity and space planning and implementation of new processes and procedures. Supervise facilities activities including checks and procedures for all events and activities at our spaces.
- Serving as a point of contact (POC) for all matters related to the Lab
Do apply if you have:
A keen understanding of :
- How to create and sustain active communities in person and online
- What community engagement is and how to meet the needs of the community at the Design Lab
- Technology and Design and Innovation sectors
- Tools and strategies that enhance community engagement both online and offline
The successful candidate will have the following experience
- Bachelor’s Level or Equivalent in communication, English, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- 1-2 years of social media marketing/content and campaign management experience to deliver against clear metrics for engagement.
- Demonstrated interest in years in social community management including Facebook, Instagram., LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube are essential.
- A good understanding of community networks and design, functionality, strategy.
- Solid understanding of more emerging platforms such as TikTok, Clubhouse, etc.
- Wide knowledge of digital marketing methods - including content marketing, social media, and online advertising.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, mail chimp or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Organisational skills to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills to engage with technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience of working in a large, complex organization with extensive stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.