Senior Associate - Research and Analysis
- Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Research and mine datasets to create impactful analyses and visualisations on CcHUB’s key topics.
- Review large amounts of data from multiple sources and curate the relevant facts.
- Perform statistical analysis using R/Stata and Qualitative analysis tools
- Leverage analytical techniques and technologies to interrogate, visualize and understand data sets.
- Support data and design production to research, scrape, refine, verify and interpret data to serve CcHUB’s project portfolios.
- Produce data and visualization packages in coordination with the Design Lab team.
- Work proactively and think critically to improve data and study design components of projects, tools and data stories created by the team.
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Supervise and mentor the growing research and data teams.
- Serve as a role model for the team, actively promoting our corporate culture, and helping us to grow and achieve our mission as a company.
- Articulate needs from partners and draft proposals.
- Provide any other necessary support as needed.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills and experience in project and team management, including
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Health, Development Research or in one of CcHUB’s core practices
- At least 4 years working experience in a research field or as a data analyst
- Knowledge and skills in Qualitative and Quantitative research methods
- Experience in writing proposals, research write ups
- Experience in developing research tools for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience using statistical languages such as R/Stata
- Strong analytical skills, numerical confidence and ability to translate numbers into clear insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- A critical thinker, who is curious, intuitive and pays attention to details
- Innovative with ideas on approaches to collecting, evaluating and modelling datasets that will be used as the foundation for the company’s future solutions
- Demonstrated experience in managing research teams.
- Strong work ethic and thrives working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Masters degree in degree in Statistics, Economics, Health, Development Research or in one of CcHUB’s core practices.
- Experience with working on projects with universities, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Centred Design.
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects.
- Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.