Creative Media Designer (Associate)
- 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo yaba 100001, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
As Creative Associate, you will be responsible for translating conceptual design ideas into innovative and expressive multi-media assets, across digital and offline media.
You are a strong communicator who thinks creatively, is detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines. You thrive in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
As an innovative individual, you take the customer-driven approach to creating marketing and advertising materials for both internal use and external communications.
This role reports to the Creative Lead.
- Understanding the brief and proposing the best execution for the campaign.
- Must be willing to think strategically on any given project.
- Work with a creative team to develop creative concepts and executions as assigned.
- Ensure that ideas/designs are produced timely, and with the degree of quality promised to the client.
- Must be able to design simple and beautiful presentation/proposal decks.
- Presenting ideas to the Creative Lead for approval from concepts to executions.
- Must be able to continue to develop the work until the final approval stage.
- Must have excellent skill in Photoshop, Illustrator and any other skill that would help produce great work.
- Responsible for any project given to work on, and manage the project to the end.
- Work on other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Remain current on industry trends and technologyContribute to team effort by sitting in on conceptual design meetings and offering opinions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Proficient use of Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design software
Other Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with little supervision.
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, banner designs, presentation/proposal decks.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Awareness of best practice, legalities and new developments in public relations/marketing communications.
- Ability to research and understand complex subject matter to produce succinct, engaging creative visuals for different audiences
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work on own initiative within set guidelines and as part of a team.
- The ability to build relationships and influence others based on sound professional knowledge
- Flexible, proactive, able to generate ideas and create solutions to problems.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.