Programme Manager. GOVLAB
- 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo yaba 100001, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The GovLab Program Manager will lead CcHUB’s digital governance efforts in Nigeria and Africa. He/she will work with civil societies, social innovators, government agencies and funders to identify and nurture solutions to tackle issues around elections, governance innovation, social justice, civic empowerment and digital rights.
The Program Manager should have a solid background or be experienced in Nigerian laws, policy or politics.
This position requires a team-playing self-starter with leadership qualities and a professional with good social networking abilities and excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Identify critical governance priorities for the unit & initiate activities to stimulate solutions around the priority areas
- To plan, launch and manage innovation initiatives to deliver products to be utilised by government agencies, civil society & citizens to improve public service delivery & social accountability in Africa
- Research key governance issues to identify critical leverage areas around which GovLab should engage stakeholders and citizens
- Manage research & insights that drive solutions for the practice & its clients especially government agencies, civil society organisations & the general public
- Overall planning of activities, resources , budgets and operations of the practice
- Provide technical insights & networking support to governance ventures incubated at the CcHUB
- Develop a mentor network for the practice across the public sector & civil society and work with them to support incubated ventures
- Proactively identify engage & manage new partners with government, CSOs and donor agencies
- Lead in developing proposals for new governance projects to local and international funding organisations
- Work in coordination with senior management to set up a seed fund for governance ventures
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all activities.
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree from an accredited university (in Law, International Relations, Policy or related degrees preferably).
- At least three (3) years cognate experience within the civil society, social justice, funder/donor space.
- A solid understanding of the Nigerian public sector with relationships to academia, government agencies, civil society, start-ups and the development partner community
- Demonstrates understanding and use of basic project management methodologies, including the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex, organization wide program over the longer term.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Practical knowledge of different message distribution techniques to ensure end user communities understand and continually apply the required behavior necessary to reduce the 'human factors' risk.
- Effective use of digital technology, such as audio, video, social media, online communities, blogs, and other web-based technologies to drive and effect change.
- Creative thinking and understanding of multicultural audiences to produce engaging materials in a variety of formats and media, including storyboards, user guides, and gamification elements.
- Resilience and flexibility to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances and measured results.
- Confidently develops and delivers presentations
- Highly organized and able to multitask and manage concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to effectively contribute to and lead working groups.
- Tolerant and unbiased, especially when dealing with marginalized and at-risk communities.
- A high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexible; able to move strategy forward in a rapidly changing environment.
- A robust analytical skill set
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft application
- An entrepreneurial and innovative mind-set
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.