Head, People and Culture
- Oregunwa St, Oregun, Ikeja, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are currently recruiting for portfolio start-up, Taeillo
Tǽillὸ is a Nigerian Furniture and Lifestyle Brand that designs and manufactures Furniture by harnessing traditional forms, Materials, Local resources in Africa with both local and modern Technology to create premium Urban Furniture pieces. Our aim is to be an alternative to furniture import in Africa by making premium locally crafted furniture that is easily accessible. Eliminating the vigorous process of buying furniture using both E-commerce and extended reality as a medium of experience.
- Taeillo is currrently recruiting a for a People Director to drive people and process transformation. Initiative, ownership, data- driven decision making, and leadership development will be key differentiators in both the selection process and the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES
- Working with operations team, develop a staffing and training model for a fast paced business environment.
- Responsible for effectively identifying, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, resolving complex labor and human capital challenges.
- Develop and Implement process and tools that foster open communication and employee satisfaction.
- Implement positive employee relations processes that support business and employee needs.
- Manage leadership team’s staffing and development.
- Work with all levels of staff and understand all human resource needs within administrative/corporate level to Factory staff
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Develop and lead company human resource strategy. Identify and facilitate process improvements.
- Administration of benefit programs, personal leave programs, PTO and safety.
- Payroll reporting functions.
- Oversee and assure successful recruitment branding, talent acquisition and onboarding.
- Create and manage employee engagement and retention initiatives.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Responsible for organizational development- identify training needs and coordinate activities for all levels of employees.
- Facilitate and manage employee relations. Foster collaborative, influential and supportive relationship with team leads, professional, administrative and plant employees.
- Provide guidance to team/unit leads on policy interpretation; employee performance coaching and improvement plans. Conduct investigations, discipline guidance and terminations.
- Ensure legal compliance and reporting, as required.
- Develop human resources metrics; report metrics to management.
- Partnering with Factory Manager and overseeing the team to ensure a complete understanding of human capital needs, objectives, regulations and compliance.
- Manage and foster positive employee relations in a diverse, fast paced environment Counselling and provide assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues relating to promotion, termination or disciplinary action
- Lead role in safety compliance and incident investigation
- Reviews evaluation of performance and aligns associate objectives to business strategy
- Sound working knowledge of federal labor and employment laws
- Education: Bachelor degree in HR or Business Management (or related degree).
- PHRi/SPHR and/or other certification is desired and will be a plus.
- 5-7 years of HR generalist experience, preferably within a manufacturing/Factory environment.
- Demonstrated progression in HR role(s).
- Strong knowledge of labor laws
- Maintain and adhere to employee and company confidentiality. High ethics, integrity and judgement.
- Strong communications and consulting skills; coach and influence; relate to employees at all levels; build trusted relationships.
- Research best HR practices, analyze information/data and make recommendations. Proficiency and Knowledge of HRIS tool/Software
- Remain current on industry and job knowledge by participating in educational training events; reading professional publications; and online professional training platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.