People Experience Associate
- Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are looking to hire for the role of People Experience Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall administration and implementation of the business’ Human Resources Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Tools such as obtaining and recording HR information, managing the HR database, and assisting company employees with enrollment procedures and HR-related issues as well as people engagement activities.
What you'll be doing
Data and Documentation
- Tracking, uploading, re-organising and storing people documents, information or resources.
- Maintain data integrity across all HR platforms and tools (data entry, audits, storing).
- Own and issue people operations administrative paperwork throughout the employee lifecycle - checking that it is kept up-to-date and accurately filed.
- Assist with new employee onboarding and exits (offboarding)
- Be a people representative for our People team. This could be by keeping them updated with people practices and ensuring processes are understood and followed.
- Confident at building relationships with different level of management, while understanding and being on track with varies team practices/changes.
- Guide and advice employees on People Operations policies and protocols.
- Liaise with vendors and external partners (HMO partners, RSAs)
- Be at hand for potential auditing requirements and work with other stakeholders by providing supporting information or data.
Policies and Processes
- Being compliant and current with employment legislation and optimising policies and process where/when appropriate.
- Manage and standardise employee experience led processes, such as leave policies, flexible working, immigration, relocation, out-of-hours, probation etc.
- Eager to be involved and support with ad hoc projects for the People Operations team or other teams.
- Securely update, document and store process for internal reference.
Expansion and Governance
- Support immigration and RTW documentation.
- Assist throughout relocation or mobility cases with employee experience at mind.
- Support the entity set-up process by being the liaison for the key stakeholders involved.
- Provide support for where a People representative is absent.
- Work and collaborate with units to align and create unity with policies and other best practices.
- Engage in the training of newly recruited staff so as to ensure that they are properly guided and are in the know of company rules and regulations
- Take part in the training of existing staff to help in their development and to be abreast with current company processes, procedures, and policies
- Disperse circulars and notifications for meetings
- Schedule and Lead inter-departmental meetings within the company
- Put together people-engagement activities.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively pass information across various units of the company
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take initiatives
- time management, planning and organizational abilities are required to be good on the job
- Must be able to display a high level of adaptability in any given situation
- Must be meticulous in handling assignments and be able to pay attention to details
- Analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution abilities are highly necessary for any human resources associate to be able to operate effectively
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources or in any other business-related field
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a human resources unit
- Any other form of human resources certification is also a plus.