- Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Investment Manager will provide leadership to the investment management function of Growth Capital Fund, by contributing to the formulation of investment strategies, product development and process improvement initiatives; maintain coverage of assigned research responsibilities; ensuring efficient investment execution, portfolio administration and transaction processing; supporting Primary Portfolio Managers, and maintaining secondary responsibility for portfolio. In addition to the foregoing, h/she would be expected to extensively collaborate with the company CEO and Board of Directors to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
The Investment Manager role will be responsible for sourcing, developing, and supporting Growth Capital Fund partnership-based impact investments, with a focus on countries in Africa. In addition to prospecting and due diligence of new investments, this role onboards, trains, and facilitates support for partners to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
• Relationship Management — Monitor assigned Investments (both remotely and in-person), including repayments, financial performance, and social performance.
• Investment Monitoring — In collaboration with team members, monitor assigned Investments for compliance with GC Fund’s policies and covenants, and adjust access to funding as necessary.
• Market Research and Analysis Leads market research and analysis efforts into uncovering both global and local macroeconomic trends, extensive research into various financial instruments, and in-depth review of mostly publicly traded companies, in order to understand current trends, and forecast future
• Business Development — Develop a network to source and recruit new impact investments, with an emphasis on achieving impact at scale. Screen potential investments and review applications.
• Due Diligence — Conduct desk and on-site due diligence of potential Investments to assess prospects’ financial and social performance, and mission fit with GC Fund. Present potential Investments for approval by the Investment Committee.
• Deal Structuring — Participate in negotiations on Investment terms and conditions with the goal of maximizing impact at scale while ensuring GC Fund remains efficient and sustainable.
• Technical and Operational Support — Assist in onboarding newly Invested Partners, act as liaison, communicate GC Fund’s policy to these Partners and update stakeholders on new developments and/or issues. Resolve issues faced by the Partners, such as trouble accessing tools provided by GC Fund.
• Team Management — Responsible for driving and sustaining strategic team management practices that support GC Fund’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives through optimal talent resourcing, employee engagement, talent management, and people development.
• Country/Region Expertise — Provide expert guidance on local market conditions in key markets where GC Fund manages significant Investment.
• Strategic Partnerships — Manage active relationships with other funders of assigned Investment Partners; seek out co-investment opportunities where possible.
• Documentation — Support drafting and review of transaction documentation of new Investments with the legal department.
· Strong networking skills to actively be involved with startups, venture capitals, and corporates.
· Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment.
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Organization Awareness & Concern for Impact.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.