Embedded Systems Engineer
- Ikosi Rd, Oregun, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting on behalf of our portfolio start-up, Gricd.(gricd.com)
The Embedded Systems Engineers role is to plan, build, support and maintain in-house technology equipment and technology assets. This includes planning, procurement, installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, building and upgrading assigned hardware technology while ensuring optimal performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide build documentation where required.
- Assist in preparing and procuring items required to build products.
- Building in-house products both prototypes and final product while providing detailed documentation on process and procedures taken during the build.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring device performance during test.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and substitution.
- Conduct research, evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on operation and other issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into issues with products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
• Knowledge in microcontroller programming and building real-time
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM or AUTOCAD.
• Knowledge of C, C++, C# and ability to build software for Linux
• Knowledge of Embedded Systems Design with PIC microcontrollers
of STM32 will be an added advantage
• Knowledge in Electronic Circuit Design