Director, Innovation Consulting
- Herbert Macaulay, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Director, Innovation Consulting will lead the innovation consulting unit in the definition and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan supporting innovation, technology transfer and project development activities – from the ideation and prototype process of innovation suitability for various projects and creation of value for CcHUB partners.
S/he will also be involved in all phases of strategy and consultation to partners applying ‘Design Thinking’ approaches and tools which will support the development of solutions.
Organize ideation events; manage scheduling, materials, facilitation and documentation.
Delivering to targets for the desired outcomes from innovation and transformation projects
Articulate and frame client’s business problems, and the mutual value of recommendations, initiatives, solutions and phases of a strategic roadmap
Translate ideas into strategy and features, leading solution development from start to finish
Collaborate and identify opportunities
Advocate for those opportunities, evangelize concepts, and develop designs and concepts into solid business cases.
Lead the innovation team through gathering requirements, design, development and testing of new solutions.
Incubate the solution through the early deployment, drive and nurture the opportunity toward sustainability, identify potential strategic positioning options, and articulate profitability scenarios for solution
Collaborate with CcHUB partners to launch, deployment and scaling to ensure successful external uptake and ownership of products, processes and/or services.
- Good problem solving acumen skills with the ability to evaluate business cases and drive growth
- Be able to demonstrate successful end to end design strategy, ownership and delivery of innovative consulting methodologies.
- A passion and curiosity for innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to facilitate meetings, working sessions and workshops with sensitivity to client and team needs
- Contribute to thought leadership internally within innovation strategy & consulting capability
- Familiar with continuous improvement framework/concepts, processes and procedures is an advantage.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills. Able to communicate effectively with different levels of stakeholders.
- Motivated individual with excellent work ethic, and able to work effectively in a team.
What's On Offer?
- A competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Optical Plans
- Work alongside world-class talent
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and training
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
- A chance to make a social difference
- Overall fun company