- KG 546, St. 1 Kacyiru,, Kigali, rw
Co-Creation Design Lab is recruiting for a Product Manager for our Design Lab located at Kigali Rwanda.
Design and innovation for Africa by Africa.
We are a research and development lab innovating for social impact. We collaborate with global stakeholders to explore the application of technology to solve Africa’s systemic problems in Public Health, Education, Governance and the Private Sector.
People are at the centre of everything we do. We don’t just design for our users, we design with them. From generating ideas, to testing and prototyping solutions, people are our teammates. We use a human-centred design approach to problem-solving to create value for individuals and communities.
We define design excellence as innovation + social impact. We choose projects based on their potential to create transformational change, especially in the areas of Education, Public Health and Good Governance. At the Design Lab, we apply design-thinking and build innovative products, services and experiences for social good and economic prosperity.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Product Manager to lead the Design Lab. The laboratory is a collection of our product management, engineering, design and research teams across Africa. This role is responsible for managing the team which engages new technologies in transforming ideas into innovative products with effective solutions to problems of social and economic importance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation.
- Determines the desires and needs of customers by specifically researching needs to get market information
- Understand and improve customer experience by generating strategic new ideas to grow Market shares
- Analyze and monitor market trends
- Coordinate the release of products with marketing, sales and the development team
- Coordinate and work closely with the Engineering team to deliver with optimal resources and functional solutions
- Collaborate with the communications and product team to drive product launches
- Understand Market competition through Comparison of CcHUB’s products to competitors product
- Manage and coordinate the testing of new products. document, report and recommend improvements.
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience
- Perform quality assurance controls on products.
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and market gaps
- Prioritize the implementation of new features and set specific timelines
4 - 7 years of proven experience in managing the lifecycle of a successful product
Familiarity with market research, consumers’ behaviour and marketing techniques
Solid background and hands-on experience in Software Development
Experience in interfacing with customers
Excellent written and verbal communication
Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
Experience in developing product and marketing strategies
Must be able to interact and share ideas with executive management
Ability to take up challenges by solving problems
Strong time management skills
What's On Offer?
A competitive salary, based on experience.
Health, dental and optical plans
Work alongside world-class talent
A culture of learning and innovation
Opportunities for career growth and training
Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
A chance to make a social difference
Overall fun company