Back-end Engineer (Intern)
- Herbert Macaulay Way, Adekunle, Lagos, Nigeria
CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
The hub functions at the heart of Nigeria’s technology innovation ecosystem as a place to:
• facilitate creative thinking and collaborative problem solving
• encourage technology innovation for improved social accountability in Nigeria
• incubate novel tech ideas that promote good governance/provision of public services
• encourage shared accountability between technologist & innovators
• serve as a living lab for prototyping and testing socially minded tech tools
• build new skills and competencies
• connect, share, create and find expertise
We're looking to hire a Back-end engineer intern, who is eager to solve problems and has the skills and attention to detail to back up their ideas. We move quickly and have a passion for building elegant, scalable solutions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and support our other engineering team members to share and learn best practices, as well as actively contribute to helping us build technology solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help build simple, fast, resilient, and scalable solutions using back-end (and/or front-end) technologies
- Work with other members of our Engineering staff to help design, develop, test, and/or launch our product line
- Develop features and functions that ultimately improve the experience of users.
- Maintain and expand reporting/analytics capabilities
- Vet and test new backend code, as well as fixes
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders daily, in real time.
- Open and able to give + receive positive + constructive feedback
- Learn from different team members about the various systems and projects they work on.
Required Education & Experience
- Current student or just recently graduated in Computer Science or related
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of database structures and algorithms
- Experience or aptitude for implementing scalable software
- Passionate about programming
- Optimistic about facing challenges and converting to success/milestones
- Accepting of shifting priorities
- Willing to learn
- Basic knowledge of databases
What's On Offer?
- Work alongside world-class talent
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
- A chance to make a social difference
- Weekly workouts
- Overall fun company