Data Scientist Leader
- Lungarno Gambacorti, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
Cloud4Wi offers an AI-driven application suite for location services.
Our mission is to help enterprises across multiple industries – retail chains, restaurant chains, shopping centers, transportation and more – better understand and engage customers.
Top global companies currently rely on Cloud4Wi. They include Adecco, Aldi, Armani, Bank of America, BAC Credomatic, Burger King, Campari, Carmila, Clarks, Drogasil, Estacio, Gruppo FS Italiane, Klepierre, Lacoste, Illy, MaxMara, Olive Garden, OVS, Prada Group, Salvatore Ferragamo, The Cordish Companies, and Valentino.
To date, Cloud4Wi’s suite connects more than 130 million mobile users across 45,000 locations in more than 120 countries, while collecting more than 10 billion of location data per month.
Cloud4Wi HQ are in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, Milan, Pisa, São Paulo and Bangkok.
We are looking for a Data Scientist Lader to join our Engineering team in Pisa, Italy, who will work on design, development, and application of various machine learning techniques to applied on very large amounts of data collected by our award-winning platform.
Reporting to our CTO, Your primary focus will be to propose, design and implement machine learning based solutions to enrich with new features the cloud4wi platform. You will also be responsible for seamlessly integrating the solutions with the other components of the Volare architecture and the Big Data engineering team.
The Senior Data Scientist will be expected to:
- Build a team dedicated to deriving meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as contribute to innovation behind our platform
- Lead the team in turning raw data into rich, meaningful and actionable insights
- Provide thought leadership for machine learning and data science research
- Identify relevant technology and engage with external industrial or academic partners
- Further enhance advanced machine learning/AI and statistical learning methods
- Leverage other open source machine learning software/algorithms
- Work closely with our CTO, VP Product and business stakeholders to drive business growth and deliver outstanding work
- Drive the focus in transforming analytics within credit decision making, scorecard development and defining/implementing AI/predictive analytics
- An advanced Degree (Master's or PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience working in the field of machine learning and data science
- Experience for predictive marketing data modelling
- Proven track record of working with large data sets to develop innovative data products and capabilities and extract actionable insights
- Expert knowledge of statistical and predictive modelling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning
- Commercial experience working with either Python, Scala or R
- Knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and ML studio suite
- Strong knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization
- Ability to lead and manage a team of juniors Data Scientists
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex data products in simple terms
- Professional growth
- Corporate bonus
- Weekly happy hours
- A second family