Voice Networking Engineering Manager
- Santa Fe Dr, Littleton, CO, USA
ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking a Voice Networking Engineering Manager for a Direct hire (or contract-to-hire depending on candidate preference) role in Littleton, CO. This role will be onsite/in-office Monday-Friday during normal business hours (there are no remote options for this role). The interview process for this role can be through video conference; however, the role will be onsite in the Denver area from day 1.
This role will manage the Voice Network Engineering Department which is responsible for number procurement and management, call routing, regulated services, and traffic management. This Department will create processes to support this work and collaborate with internal and external vendors to establish guidelines for network growth per industry policies.
The Department is responsible for establishing and scaling connectivity for voice and data interconnect between the core network and the rest of the world. For voice this means interconnection with the PSTN, IXCs, VoIP providers, MNOs and a full range of specialized service providers. For data this means interconnection with a full range of ISPs, content and cloud service providers.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Use traffic modeling and traffic engineering principles to forecast anticipated traffic loads and engineer to achieve requirements for performance such as call blocking and latency
- Anticipate congestion issues and recommend remediation tactics to ensure overall network and customer KPIs are achieved considering appropriate planning horizons
- Collaborate with other teams to identify potential congestion sources inherent to hardware, software or transport limitations. Additionally, review customer-level network slices and provision appropriately
- Build systems, tools and processes that assure busy hour traffic loads are supported and all traffic meets performance requirements
- Work with data scientists, NOC and other engineers to build closed-loop automation of systems and develop reporting to meet all regulatory requirements
- Build a team that can support meeting all above-mentioned responsibilities; create and manage team budgets
- Understanding of inter-carrier voice traffic routing including a SIP, SS7, LERG, number porting, trunking, etc.
- Some understanding of mobile vocoders and translating between various codecs such as G.711 and AMR-WB desirable
- Extensive experience in data analysis, statistical principles, fault isolation and resolution including ability to convert data into actionable information for both engineers and executives
- Ability to direct a team to develop and execute comprehensive test plans to evaluate user experience and network and vendor performance
- Ability to effectively manage vendors to assure contracted performance including SLA compliance, responsiveness and service assurance; Ability to assure that vendors are effectively executing in the environment though the creation of effective processes, automation, accountability metrics and associated KPIs
- Understanding of number administration, ordering and management including LNP
- Understanding of regulatory mandates, requirements and reporting including current and future requirements for 911, N11, WEA and lawful access / CALEA
- Five years of wireless/wireline capacity planning experience
- 10 years of management experience
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related discipline preferred
This Direct hire (or contract-to-hire depending on candidate preference) role in Littleton, CO. This role will be onsite/in-office Monday-Friday during normal business hours (there are no remote options for this role). The interview process for this role can be through video conference; however, the role will be onsite in the Denver area from day 1.