IT Project Manager
- Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking an IT Project Manager for a contract role in Atlanta, GA. This role will be based out of downtown Atlanta and may offer an onsite and remote weekly combination of work.
This role will be supporting an on-premise to Cloud Services Management system migration and support and will be responsible for the following:
- Works with Information Technology Leadership to Identify specific opportunities or weakness within assigned projects and make specific project performance improvement changes to structures, processes, or people.
- Briefs and presents project status to Stakeholders
- Work with the project steering committee and senior project management
- Develops time and cost estimates, project plans/schedules, and budgets.
- Works with security, architectural and quality assurance teams to utilize established system standards, procedures, and quality objectives
- Oversees and controls ongoing costs, schedules, resources, scope, and risks.
- Directs project team members to take necessary action steps to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate critical process assessments and redesign for process improvements.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors, and key clients
- Ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Manage scope by using a variety of data sources to support project negotiations related to time, cost, and/or quality.
- Develops, monitors, coordinates and oversees project activities, such as scheduling, tracking, and reporting; leads change efforts impacting own projects.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training and Seven (7) years of IT project management experience
- PMP certification from PMI or equivalent certification
- (7) years hands on experience leading server-based application development/enhancement projects
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint 2013, and MS O365
- Experience and knowledge migrating on-premise applications to cloud environment
- Experience within the last 5 years leading/coordinating vendor managed projects
- Executive level written and oral communication skills
This role will work a combination of onsite and remote in the downtown area.