IT Project Manager
- Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking an IT Project Manager for a contract role in Atlanta, GA. This role has the option to extend and will pay up to $48 per hour. This role will also offer remote options until it is safe to return to the office. Once safe to return, this role will be based out of the Atlanta, GA office.
The IT Project Manager will provide project management support and oversight for an on-premise to Cloud Services Management system migration and support. The responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Manages and/or coordinates all tasks for medium and large-sized project(s) of moderate to high complexity and risk.
- Manages and/or provides project management consultation for all aspects of the project through the project management and software development life cycle.
- Works closely with the resource manager, vendor, business analysts, and subject matter experts on the various system support teams.
- Manages the project as scoped by the project steering committee.
- Manages schedules, risks, issues and interdependencies with understanding of on premise and cloud technologies.
- During initiation, helps clients determine the best approaches for reaching objectives; during planning, develops project management tools including plans for scope management, risk management, communications, change control, and performance measurement and tracking.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- During execution, monitors performance and reports to management project status and pertinent issues, including major milestones and potential project risks.
- Provides continuing direction to the project team, conducts status meetings, assesses proposed changes in scope, and recommends courses of action to project sponsors during the execution phase.
- Uses the product verification process to make sure that the project has delivered what the client expected and performs a lesson learned for all projects.
- Develops time and cost estimates, project plans/schedules, and budgets
- Works with security, architectural and quality assurance teams to utilize established system standards, procedures, and quality objectives
- Oversees and controls ongoing costs, schedules, resources, scope, and risks.
- Directs project team members to take necessary action steps to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Facilitate critical process assessments and redesign for process improvements.
- Ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Manage scope by using a variety of data sources to support project negotiations related to time, cost, and/or quality.
- Develops, monitors, coordinates and oversees project activities, such as scheduling, tracking, and reporting; leads change efforts impacting own projects.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training and seven years of IT project management experience
- PMP certification from PMI or equivalent certification
- 7 years' hands on experience leading server-based application development/enhancement projects
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint 2013, and MS O365
- Experience and knowledge migrating on-premise applications to cloud environment
- Experience within the last 5 years leading/coordinating vendor managed projects
- Executive level written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree in related field or specialized training and seven years of IT project management experience
- Experience in Health and Human Services Systems, eligibility projects and business processes
- Experience in with Government Health Services eligibility systems
- Experience working in an Enterprise outsourced environment
This long term contract (with the option to extend) will be based out of Atlanta, GA. There are remote options available during the pandemic and there will be a web cam interview for this role. This role will pay up to $48 per hour.