Cyber Tool Developer
- Fort Meade, MD
Clear Ridge Defense was established in April 2015 as a leading provider of various technical and professional services in support of the Navy, Marine Corps, and Department of Defense. Our background historically has been in supporting the specialized requirements at the Service Cyber Components and their lower echelon commands.
We’re a team that creates an infrastructure for your success. We take it as an extraordinary honor that you might choose to work on our team in your mission to support the warfighter. We’re a “Mission First” company – meaning we are motivated by the information dominance warfighter. At the end of the day, Clear Ridge success is the United States Armed Forces’ success. Our team is composed of many prior military and civil service members, so we understand the real problems warfighters face – and we solve those challenges and build solutions that are effective while still maintaining cost efficiency.
Do you have what it takes?
Clear Ridge is looking for a very specialized skill set: offensive computer network operations (CNO) developers – or Cyber Tool Developers as we’re calling them. The right candidate will focus on the development of new tools and capabilities. Work will be done either at a contractor facility while supporting the end customer, or directly in the customer facility, on a team of around 40 researchers, developers and testers that will help produce and refine capabilities, as well as resolve issues in existing tools. The candidate will develop and maintain low-level application and operating system projects related to software protection and host-based personal security tools.
This is very challenging work that often isn’t taught at universities. We’re looking for the best of the best.
Often times, the candidate may work analyzing binary files to uncover potential threats and then quickly develop prototype demonstrations of the risk. Projects will be undertaken in small teams with close coordination with our customers to quickly analyze executables and data-files and prepare proof of findings in assembly, C, and scripting languages.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5+ years supporting US Government CNO missions.
- 5+ years of C/C++ development for Windows and Linux
- 3+ years developing or analyzing x86 and x64 Assembly
- Assembly programming and analysis (of any major architecture)
- 5+ years of experience working with debuggers and disassemblers
- Strong understanding of low-level operating system internals and drivers
- Experience with both kernel and userland debugging
- Experience with Windows and Linux APIs (POSIX, win32, win native)
- Experience with networking protocol analysis and socket programming (Windows and Linux)
- Familiarity with subversion
- Experience developing custom network protocols
- Experience in systems and application debugging
- Experience in device driver development
- Experience with kernel process hooking
- Expertise developing code for mobile platforms
- Expertise programing in Python
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with vulnerability analysis
- Experience with cryptographic systems
- Experience developing emulators and emulation environments
- Experience with PowerPC, MIPS, or ARM assembly
- Proficiency with hardware and firmware analysis
- Familiarity with wired and wireless networking protocols
- Familiarity working in virtualized and sandbox environments
- Familiarity with binary obfuscation techniques
- TS/SCI with CI/Full-Scope Poly
Beyond the position supporting our client, the right candidate will also have the ambition and drive to play a larger role in Clear Ridge. As a startup, the first select team members play a very important role in the direction and brand of our company. Company operations are transparent – we want you involved in everything we do, if you’re up for it. We’d be honored to have you as part of something bigger from the start.
We have a unique approach to compensation and benefits.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Disability Insurance
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Competitive 401k Matching
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Gym Wellness Stipend Per Month
- Continuing Education Reimbursement and Bonuses
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonuses – You find more recruits, you get rewarded!
- Performance Bonuses
- Scholarly Publications/Whitepaper Bonuses
- “Living in a HUBZone” Annual Bonuses
- Semi-annual Reviews
*100% Fully-Covered means the employee does not pay a dime from their paycheck for these benefits.