Export Buyer ([email protected])
- Midrand, South Africa
A Procurement and Logistics Company based in Midrand is looking for a dynamic Export Buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the operational requirements of the company and its Clients.
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Apply sourcing skills, interface between supplier and client with respect to specifications and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected.
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with client targets and requirements.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Report directly to the Operations manager on all matters that requires assistance.
- High school or equivalent
- Degree or Diploma in Purchasing, Logistics, Commerce, Finance or Business Management
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in purchasing
Salary: R20 000 per month
If you struggle to upload your cv please visit our website at www.clearleaf.co.za. Click on Jobs Available, the position you are interested in and click on I'm Interested and upload your cv to apply for the position.