- 3201 S 61st St, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA
Clean Earth is one of the largest processors of contaminated soils, dredged sediments, drill cuttings, industrial non-hazardous wastes, aerosol cans, consumer commodities, and hazardous wastes. 98% of the material we process is recycled or beneficially reused. We are the industry's Trusted Solutions Provider.
Organizes and completes the daily activities of the laboratory. Responsible for laboratory operations, performing instrument calibrations and maintenance, collecting and preparing samples, analyzing, and interpreting lab results. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. This position reports to the Lab Manager.
- Operate GC, TOX, X-Ray and other instruments
- Basic calibration and troubleshooting
- Sample preparation and extractions
- Record data and report results
- Monitor lab production, accuracy and completeness
- Maintain compliance with facility requirements
- Serve as truck scale weighmaster backup
- Prepare samples, COC and PO for laboratory analysis of inbound and outbound soil
- Responsible for knowing and recording permit requirements.
- Bring problems or issues relative to work to Management for study and resolution.
- Maintain and review all permit required monitoring and data recording
- Assure that all records are in compliance
- Read and understand permit conditions
- Support Operations Manager in safety training
- Complete Gensuite documentation of training
- Lead safety meetings
- Acts as Laboratory Safety Leader and performs daily checks
Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Chemistry or any related science with 1-5 years of experience in analytical laboratory operations.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package including health insurance and a 401(k) with company matching.