Environmental Compliance Specialist
- 24 Middlesex Ave, Carteret, NJ 07008, USA
Clean Earth is one of the largest processors of contaminated soils, dredged sediments, drill cuttings, industrial non-hazardous wastes, aerosol cans, consumer commodities, and hazardous wastes. 98% of the material we process is recycled or beneficially reused. We are the industry's Trusted Solutions Provider.
The Facility Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the Clean Earth of Carteret non-hazardous soil treatment, processing and recycling facility operates in compliance with its permit requirements.
The primary function of this position is to perform a wide range of tasks to ensure that the facility operates in compliance with its permit requirements including, but is not limited to, the following:
- Review testing procedures and analysis, site history and waste description for contaminated soil that is being considered for acceptance at the facility.
- Assist in approval of new and ongoing projects to ensure material meets acceptable criteria and maintain the records in accordance with the permit requirements.
- Direct/operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solution and sample formulations.
- Direct/perform sampling of both incoming material and processed batches of outgoing material to ensure compliance with permit sampling frequency as well as outbound facility requirements.
- Submit approval packages to outbound facilities and provide certificates to clients as needed.
- Review Clean Earth of Carteret site permits to ensure and verify compliance with permit conditions.
- Perform routine inspections, sampling, and reporting as required by permits and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintain records according to permit requirements.
Ideal candidates should possess at least the following:
- BS in Environmental Sciences, Health and Safety, or Chemistry (preferred), but other science degrees will be considered.
- 2 years experience in EH&S or related field such as environmental consulting.
- Strong problem solving, written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.