Support Engineer – ASMS
- R. Quintinhas, 2790 Carnaxide, Portugal
- Employees can work remotely
We are passionate about what technology can do. We want to continually improve our service, people and technology. We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience. We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you! Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for an Support Engineer – ASMS
The Support Engineer (SE) is a critical role in the resolution of complex support incidents related to supporting customer use of the Microsoft Azure platform.
A commerce Support Engineer is knowledgeable in Microsoft Azure services, technologies, offerings, and the Azure billing platform. A successful Support Engineer has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve difficult customer issues; directly supports customers through telephone and email; escalates issues quickly when deep, specific skills or other capabilities are required; ability to use knowledge of the Microsoft Azure architecture and offerings to provide customer resolution and proactive customer recommendations; has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English; writes excellent case documentation; and is able to handle challenging and politically-sensitive customer situations.
3-5 years of experience on customer, technical and/or billing support role
Familiarity with Azure and/or other cloud products
Excellent spoken and written English communication skills (90%+)
Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly; explain customer responsibilities in resolving issue; communicate next steps and status; and inspire confidence
• Handle challenging and politically sensitive customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams on complex issues
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing. Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud computing.
• Technical understanding of commerce platform concepts and procedures including online services, Order to Cash operations and general billing and commerce systems processes (e.g., invoicing, credit card transactions).
• Technical aptitude to develop an understanding of the Microsoft Azure Platform and architecture.
• High School Diploma, B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Azure Certified
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
German Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is a plus.