SQL Server Support Engineer
- R. Quintinhas, 2790 Carnaxide, Portugal
- Employees can work remotely
We are passionate about what technology can do. We want to continually improve our service, people and technology. We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience. We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you! Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for an SQL Server Support Engineer
The SQL Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using their technical skills to solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer-oriented mindset. You will have a chance to be involved in troubleshooting various environments for some of the world’s largest companies.
- Case load for EMEA
- Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web.
- They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
- You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 /2016 /2017 /2019 at administrative level (Installation, index and table maintenance, backups etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014/2016/2017/2019 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
- Additional skills on one of the following technologies will be considered a big plus!
- Windows Clustering
- Debugging / Creating and Reading memory Dumps
- Basic Programming skills with Python, R, C# or VB.Net
- Good Knowledge of .Net Framework
- Cloud knowledge (AZURE)
- A Microsoft certification (MCSE or MCSD) is also considered a plus.
- Excellent understanding of Database concepts and deployments
- Experience supporting or maintaining complex mission critical database solutions, RDMS technologies, and/or SQL language
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
Passion for technology, lifelong learning and professional development.
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
Experience supporting Azure or other cloud-based solutions
Microsoft certifications in data platform or Azure technologies
Experience troubleshooting distributed solutions
Experience troubleshooting Open Source Databases like MySQL, Postgre SQL, etc.,
Basic Networking (TCP/IP communications, UDP, OSI model, DNS, firewalls), Storage and Platform troubleshooting skills
Good knowledge of writing applications that use data access technologies (i.e. ADO, ADO.NET, ODBC, OLE DB, and any ORM frameworks against
RDBMSs like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL)
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is a plus.