System Administrator - Lisboa
- R. Quintinhas, 2790 Carnaxide, Portugal
We are passionate about what technology can do. We want to continually improve our service, people and technology. We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience. We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you! Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for a System Administrator.
In addition to our team, we are looking for a skilled System Administrator who will maintain our information technology systems and networks.
Your typical work will contain:
- Install and configure software and hardware;
- Manage network servers and technology tools;
- Set up accounts and workstations;
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements;
- Troubleshoot issues and outages;
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models;
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies;
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management;
- Experience with Windows AD, DNS, DHCP; Windows Server 2008, 12, 16; VMWare, IBM SAN Storage and Cloud (AWS);
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language;
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
We would love it if you also have:
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)).