SQL Server SSIS/Connectivity Support Engineer
- R. Quintinhas, 2790 Carnaxide, Portugal
We are passionate about what technology can do. We want to continually improve our service, people and technology. We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience. We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you! Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for a SQL Server SSIS/Connectivity Support Engineer
The SQL Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using their technical skills to solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer-oriented mindset. You will have a chance to be involved in troubleshooting various environments for some of the world’s largest companies.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences while ensuring High customer satisfaction.
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
We are looking for people who:
- Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience;
- Are smart and intellectually curious;
- Seek a challenging work experience;
- Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field;
- Enjoy working at a growth company with advancement opportunities;
- Can work hard while having fun; and act in an honest and ethical manner; possess strong organizational, time management and negotiation skills;
- Working knowledge of German and/or French on top of English (verbal and written) language is a very strong asset
The ideal candidate will be required to have a Technical Degree or adequate practical background (5 years) on the following Technologies:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2014 /SQL 2016 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
- Expert knowledge (3+ years for FTE) in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Programming skills in C#, VB.NET, or C++ and debugging real world production applications
- A working knowledge of the .NET Framework
- Good knowledge of writing SQL against any RDBMs
- Good knowledge of writing applications that use data access technologies (i.e. ADO, ADO.NET, ODBC, OLE DB, and any ORM frameworks against RDBMSs like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL)
- Good understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP and basics of Networking
- Experience with SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS), SQL Server Data Quality Services (DQS) and/or Open Source platforms will be a plus
- Full Professional Proficiency of English language both verbal & written
Additional skills on one of the following technologies will be considered a big plus:
- Azure Core Platform (compute/IaaS VM, azure Storage, azure Networking)
- Azure disk and VM throttling
- PaaS / IaaS experience (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Windows Clustering
- Debugging / Creating and Reading Memory Dumps