- 1234 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who We Are
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your wellbeing.
The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) oversees most major technology projects for the City of Philadelphia (CoP), ensures continuity of the City's technology operations, and finds new ways to help the public interact meaningfully with technology. OIT uses technology to help City employees do their work better and helps residents get what they need from municipal government.
Do you want to be at the forefront of CoP’s emerging cloud practice? We are seeking an exceptional engineer to support and expand an environment that has already provided great value to CoP by enabling modernization and optimization strategies. An ideal candidate is expected to operate independently, have a results-oriented mindset, and foster an environment of continuous improvement. A Cloud Engineer must possess strong interpersonal skills and regularly work with IT leaders and engineers in other departments.
- Work in tandem with our engineering teams to identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions
- Plan and design applications to meet business needs with a focus on security
- Document standard, best practices, and procedures across the environment
- Automate deployment infrastructure and applications throughout the development lifecycle
- Manage and govern all cloud environments. Monitor and optimizes services to control costs and usage
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before theyaffect business productivity
- Stay current with industry trends and new services
- AWS experience is a must - preferably 3 + years
- Automating environments using Infrastructure as Code - Terraform experience preferred
- Familiarity with network topology and technologies (VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Cloud architecture design (Well-Architected five pillars)
- Understanding of data and data integration concepts (SQL, data governance, enterprise patterns)
- Scripting - 2+ years experience (python, BASH, PowerShell) - preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Did you know?
We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
25% tuition discount program for City employees (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
We offer Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
Generous retirement savings options are available.
The Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx