Regional Integration Center Coordinator
With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is the sixth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. As an employer, the City of Philadelphia operates through the guiding principles of service, integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Through these principles, we strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all of our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works to mitigate, plan, and prepare for emergencies; educate the public about preparedness; coordinate emergency response and recovery efforts; and develop tools and identify resources to support the overall preparedness of the City of Philadelphia.
OEM is seeking a Regional Integration Center (RIC) Coordinator to ensure the City of Philadelphia and regional partners maintain a high state of operational readiness through coordination, communication, and vigilance. Candidates for this position should possess a strong desire to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, professional public safety environment, and a willingness to serve the public in the sixth largest city in the nation.
To ensure the overall readiness of the City and OEM, the Regional Integration Center Coordinator will be required to work during non-business hours on rotating shifts. This includes 12-hour shifts, on a rotational schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Successful candidates must be City residents within six months of hire. OEM staff also periodically work during non-scheduled hours for extended periods of time as needed in a field environment and during activations of Philadelphia’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Under the direction of the Regional Integration Center Program Manager, the RIC Coordinator is responsible for a range of activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Collect, assemble, and disseminate information on operations which require substantial material and personnel support.
- Confirm the scope and nature of incidents, and analyze information from multiple sources.
- Serve as the primary interface and point of contact for Emergency Management personnel to provide critical information, updates, and support during the monitoring, response, and recovery phases of the emergency response cycle.
- Routinely communicate via e-mail, phone, and public safety radio.
- Ensure that information about multi-agency responses or incidents is properly communicated and personnel are alerted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that department personnel are informed of any critical situational updates during response efforts.
- Provide support to communication and coordination efforts in the field at large events or incidents.
- Produce deliverables to be used by response staff including but not limited to mapping products, situation reports, images, informational packages, response reports, liaison updates, and after-action reports.
- Manage and analyze data related to citywide response efforts.
- Maintain communication equipment to make sure it is in a constant state of readiness and perform regular operational tests.
- Perform other work as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Professional conduct and accountability
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and develop partnerships
- Ability to coordinate diverse groups toward a common goal
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Ability to contribute and coordinate work in a team
- Ability to interpret federal and state emergency management requirements and regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) and ability to use other web based platforms for incident management and mass communication
Education and Experience
− Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
− Experience working within an emergency management or other public safety organization is preferred.
− Familiarity with the City of Philadelphia is preferred.
− Experience with National Incident Management System, Incident Command, and operation of interoperability and communication equipment is preferred.
− An equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field will be considered with approval by MDO-OEM and the Office of Human Resources.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certification
− Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within six months of hire.
− Successful completion of FEMA Independent Study courses (IS 100.a, 200.a, 700.a, and 800.b) within first month of appointment.
− RIC Coordinators will have access to secure public safety information. All selected applicants must undergo and successfully complete a background investigation as a condition of placement in this position.
OEM personnel may be required to serve in an on-call capacity to work during non-business hours for extended periods of time in a field environment and during activations of Philadelphia’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
Full-time residency within the City of Philadelphia geographic boundaries required within six months of hire. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Ability to physically perform the duties and maintain a shift work schedule to ensure 24/7/365 coverage.
SALARY: not to exceed 55,000 / year
Did you know?
● We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
● 25% tuition discount program for City employees (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
● We offer Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
● Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
● Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
● Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx