Senior Energy Management Analyst
- 1515 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The City of Philadelphia’s Office of Sustainability (OOS) works with partners around the City to improve quality of life in all Philadelphia neighborhoods, reduce the City’s carbon emissions, and prepare Philadelphia for a hotter, wetter future.
The Energy Office, housed within OOS, serves to manage energy supply and demand for city government operations. The mission of the Energy Office is to:
- Strategically procure cost effective, reliable, clean energy and conventional energy systems for city government
- Promote energy conservation and efficiency within City departments by providing education, technical expertise, promoting systems change, and analysis of energy used
- Develop and implement projects and programs that promote the efficient use of energy and reduce the City's environmental impact
- Support Philadelphia’s climate and energy goals; and position City government to lead by example
The Senior Energy Management Analyst reports to the City’s Energy Manager and collaborates with other members of the Energy Office, the Office of Sustainability (OOS), and additional partner departments and agencies. This is an opportunity to help solve complex problems, gain valuable experience in energy management and municipal operations and to contribute to Philadelphia’s sustainability goals as outlined in the City’s Municipal Energy Master Plan.
- Manage the City’s energy management database, including working closely with the Data Analyst to upload, audit and reconcile bills, problem solve, conduct general upkeep of data, manage users, provide user training, and manage major changes to maintain data integrity.
- Manage and support a subset of Energy Office staff.
- Manage building monitoring program and municipal building benchmarking.
- Develop a program and methodology for managing and leveraging real time data from smart meters and/or submeters to be input into the energy management database.
- Track and analyze energy use at the facility and department level and offer direct support to departments in achieving energy reductions.
- Support the Energy Manager in running reports, analyzing data, supporting energy conservation and efficiency programs, and office administrative items.
- Support the Energy Manager in energy procurement activities and related contract management.
- Assist all members of the Energy Office in energy reporting, messaging about energy use, addressing energy use anomalies, and other tasks as required by the team.
- Collaborate with a multitude of City agencies including OOS, the Office of Innovation and Technology, Philadelphia Water Department, Philadelphia International Airport, and the Department of Public Property to develop and implement programs that further reduce the City’s energy use.
- Support Office of Sustainability priority areas, including racial equity and environmental justice work.
- 8 years of experience in energy management, utilities, or other relevant experience. Each year of relevant post-secondary education will be counted toward experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certified Energy Manager certification and/or LEED accreditation.
- Professional education in energy management and/or environmental studies.
- Experience with managing energy conservation programs.
- Familiarity with building commissioning, HVAC controls, and/or building automation systems.
- Familiarity with racial equity and environmental justice issues.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Personnel management experience.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and organize large data sets.
- Energy management database experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively develop presentations highlighting data for various audiences of internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable and effective working both independently and on teams.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to engage in and support office’s racial equity and environmental justice work.
Salary Range: $65,000-$78,000
Cover letters and other supporting documents will be accepted but not required
Job Training & Professional Development Statement
- OOS is committed to building the capacity of staff members. In addition to access to external trainings, certifications or other professional development opportunities, learning also occurs in a shared setting. All team members jointly participate in exploring new concepts, resources, and skills. The entire OOS team convenes regularly to strengthen skills and competencies through knowledge exchange, resource sharing, and peer-to-peer support.
- Staff further build skills and knowledge through mentoring with members of the senior leadership team and peer-to-peer mentoring. Staff receive guidance and coaching from other OOS staff as well as other partners based on professional growth interests.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- Employees are eligible for a 25% tuition discount program (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to [email protected] For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx