Director of Data - Office of Economic Opportunity
- 1515 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The mission of the Department of Commerce is to ensure that Philadelphia is a globally competitive city to which employers flock, entrepreneurs thrive, and innovation abounds; to recruit and retain a diverse set of businesses; to foster economic opportunities for all Philadelphians in all neighborhoods; and to partner with workforce development programs and local businesses on talent development ensuring that all Philadelphians can find and retain living-wage jobs.
The Director of Data position plays a lead role in the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO). The Director of Data will manage all data related tasks and functions including the writing and production report, the production of the disparity report, producing quarterly reports for city department and other requests as assigned. This person will also work closely with the OEO and department staff to ensure data integrity. This position reports to the Senior Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Oversee the data collection for and production of quarterly participation reports
- Write and oversee narrative and data portions of the OEO Annual Report
- Oversee the production of the Disparity Study
- Provide other monthly/quarterly data reports
- Provide ad hoc data reports as needed
- Perform maintenance in B2GNow as needed
- Oversee, with analyst, the monthly import of the OEO registry to Finance to be entered into ACIS
- Prepare agenda and invite speakers for the quarterly Economic Opportunity Review Committee (EORC) meetings
- Prepare agenda and develop data collection-related presentations for quarterly OEO Officers meetings
- Assist the Deputy Commerce Director for OEO with all Budget preparation
- Work with Communications and OEO staff to post all EOPs on the OEO website
- With EOP Managers, conduct approvals for PIDC EOP projects
- Supervise one direct report – OEO Information Management Analyst II
- Any other duties as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Must have skill compiling numbers and working with data
- Must be willing to learn the city data systems
- Must be a US Citizen or have legal permanent resident status;
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to pull and compile data from multiple City systems including: ACIS, FAMIS, ADPICKS and B2G
- Ability to translate data into reports that can be understood by the general public
- Ability to translate complicated data, tables, and charts into user-friendly documents for public consumption
- Excellent self-direction and the ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion
- Ability to lead and handle multiple tasks in a tight timeframe
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- A passion for the MWDSBE community
- Experience with City Contracting and Procurement process preferred
Salary Range: $68,000 - $70,000
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application. Optional Additional Submission: Any analytic report authored by applicant. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- Employees are eligible for a 25% tuition discount program (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to [email protected] For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx