Performance Management Analyst
- 1401 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs.
Opportunities in Tech - Don’t wait for the future, shape it.
Benefits - We care about your well being.
The Office of Performance Management is part of the Managing Director's Office - the Cabinet-level executive office with oversight of the city's operating departments. The Office of Performance Management's mission is to support City departments' effective use of data to make more informed decisions about their programs and services. The Office of Performance Management collaborates with city leaders and staff to identify opportunities for improvement, share best practices, measure, track, and report on the progress towards major goals and initiatives.
- Develop and track performance metrics in line with the Mayor’s and/or individual departmental goals and priorities, identifying trends for review.
- Research commonly-used performance measures and standards.
- Clean data and verify data integrity and quality as needed.
- Collaborate with department leaders and staff to document data sets, performance management processes, data collection, and reporting requirements.
- Develop internal and external customer surveys and performance measures as needed.
- Write clear, concise performance reports and other print and web-based products for internal and external audiences.
- Support the preparation and coordination of performance management meetings.
- Work closely and collaboratively within the Managing Director's Office (MDO) and across all City departments and offices.
- Support the Director of Performance Management in administration of a variety of projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Office of Performance Management provides the following key services to City departments:
- Spearhead data evaluations of citywide/Mayoral strategies and initiatives
- Assist with logic model development or work flow analyses for Mayoral or departmental strategic initiatives
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions with department leadership to establish goals, objectives, and workplan
- Provide quantitative & qualitative data analysis support
- Assist with survey design, administration, and analysis
- Conduct benchmarking research of comparable city agencies/services commonly-used performance metrics and standards
- Assist with performance measure development and refinement
- Co-lead process improvement teams
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Master’s Degree in public policy, public administration, public health, social sciences, business, economics, finance, government or related field required, PhD a plus.
- Taken at least one graduate-level course in statistics.
- Experience using statistical software packages, such as SPSS, R and/or Stata.
- Taken at least one graduate-level course in Arc GIS preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Prior experience with performance management, business analytics, and/or project management is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ work experience preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience in both qualitative methods and quantitative data analysis preferred
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience or exposure to government operations a plus.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- Employees are eligible for a 25% tuition discount program (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
Successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to [email protected] For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx