- 1101 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is the fifth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. As an employer, the City of Philadelphia operates through the guiding principles of service, integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Through these principles, we strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all of our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The Department of Public Health (PDPH) works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play. We provide the following services:
- Provide high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevent the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protect against environmental hazards.
- Encourage healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plan and respond to health emergencies.
- Ensure the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Set health policy.
- Collect, analyze, and report on a variety of public health data.
We also convene two boards that provide guidance on policy and regulatory issues: the Board of Health and the Air Pollution Control Board. By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
This position will assist the multiple units within PDPH related to facility relocation projects. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to assist in planning and implementing unit operations, expansions and moves at the assorted buildings within Philadelphia. The work will require the candidate be mobile among the PDPH offices and will require some lifting. Additionally, this position will gain exposure to the multiple services provided by PDPH and may be a nice introduction for someone interested in public health.
- Attend and interact with PDPH staff on a variety of tasks requiring personal interaction skills.
- Document and organize tasks as assigned providing clear descriptions of work.
- Conduct research on existing and future facilities to improve office operations and/or safety.
- Show flexibility and responsiveness to time-sensitive tasks identified by PDPH.
- Gain an understanding of PDPH services and respect sensitivity of the work place where they are working.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must possess oral and writing skills for personal interaction.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment.
Enrolled in degree program or recent grad
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to [email protected] phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx