Better Bike Share Grant Manager
- Philadelphia, PA
With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is the fifth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. As an employer, the City of Philadelphia operates through the guiding principles of service, integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Through these principles, we strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all of our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The Office of Transportation and Infrastructure Systems (oTIS) is charged with driving change through our transportation and infrastructure systems. oTIS leads a portfolio of departments, including Streets Transportation, Streets Sanitation, and Philadelphia Water Department (PWD), to provide cost-effective quality services with a focus on the resident. oTIS is the lead agency for the planning, implementation and program management of the Indego Bike Share Program.
In addition, oTIS collaborates with organizations such as Amtrak, DVRPC, Philadelphia City Planning Commission, Commerce Department, Department of Public Property, PATCO, PennDOT, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia Regional Port Authority, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, Philadelphia Police Department, School District of Philadelphia, SEPTA. Find out more here at www.phila.gov/otis
Along with management of Indego, oTIS leads the Better Bike Share Partnership (BBSP), a national initiative that seeks to challenge assumptions on race, income and equity in the realm of bike share. BBSP work is centered in Philadelphia with Indego bike share is serving as a living laboratory for best practices in creating an equitable and replicable model for bike share. Partnership and works closely with People for Bikes, the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) and the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP) as well as the Center for Social Inclusion.
oTIS are pleased to offer an opportunity for an experienced grant manager who will be able to lead the work of the Better Bike Share Partnership and create strategies to sustain the partnership in a dynamic industry. A successful candidate will be passionate about equity and understand the potential that bike share offers to improve the lives of all community members.
SALARY - $58,000-65,000 depending on experience
Better Bike Share Partnership Leadership
- Responsible for developing a long-term model of equitable bike share and creating strategies for ongoing collaboration and funding.
- Manage and monitor work completed by a network of local and national partners to meet Better Bikes Share Partnership goals
- Develop sustainable funding strategies for BBSP including researching and applying for additional grants and alternative funding streams
- Produce and present program reports for a wide range of partners and stakeholders, including municipal agencies, community based organizations and funders
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Leadership & Management
Demonstrated ability to:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Manage relationships with various funders and communicate successes and challenges in a timely and responsible manner.
- Actively engage and energize partner organizations.
- Develop effective systems to track progress and regularly evaluate program components, including budgets and deliverables.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of an established project while prioritizing & successfully advancing established goals.
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Demonstrated ability to:
- Independently initiate, plan, and coordinate multiple projects ranging from the simple and routine to the complex.
- Meet deadlines, while defining, measuring and evaluating project and program results. Prioritize and set deadlines for one's own work and the work of others.
- Ability to effectively represent Better Bike Share Partnership and City of Philadelphia in a wide variety of settings, including local and national conferences, webinars, presentations etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to effectively communicate in a variety of formal settings both inside and outside the organization. Grant writing experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to develop and execute strategic communications efforts to various internal and external audiences. Public speaking and presentation experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively listen, speak, write, and interact in a tactful and persuasive manner in both office and public settings.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4+ years) in grant or program management preferred.
- Past management of foundation or government provided grants of $1,000,000 or more
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple partners in various remote locations
- Strong writing, communications and analytical skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a separate document.
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx