Mid/Senior Animator/Rigger (Remote)
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia. The studio embodies a collaborative process, where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team has built and is further developing a next-generation engine tentatively titled the "Unchained Engine" which is powering their two games in development - Camelot Unchained, a niche RvR old-school MMORPG (currently in Beta) and Final Stand: Ragnarok, a PvE hack & slash in which teams of any size fight against hordes of NPCs (currently in Early Access on Steam).
City State Entertainment is looking for a Rigger/Animator to support our current projects, Camelot Unchained, and Final Stand: Ragnarök. Your contributions will be consequential as we develop our MMORPG Camelot Unchained, and Final Stand: Ragnarök.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ability to rig, paint/component edit skin weights on humans, creatures and animated environmental objects
• Working with animators to solve problems on existing and new rigs
• Working with character and prop artists to improve models and to recognize problem areas to ensure proper animation rig setups
• Reports to Lead Animator and/or Art Director
What we are looking for:
• 2+ years of experience with character and object rigging and animation
• 2+ years of experience using Maya
• Basic knowledge of MEL scripting with the ability to edit as needed
• Reel demonstrates animation skills and rigging ability
• Ability to troubleshoot animator needs with broken rigs and reverse engineer as needed
• Willingness to learn and work within a proprietary engine
• Strong understanding of how to work efficiently within art budget constraints
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for games, specifically MMOs, and an ability to create work that fits with the aesthetic of each game
• Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
• Facial rigging and animation experience
• Ability to learn new software and import assets into CSE’s game engine
• Advanced knowledge of Maya and its general processes.
• Understanding of constraint systems in Maya.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent communication skills. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer. This is a remote position.