3D Environment Art Intern
- Eaton Place, Fairfax, VA, United States
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia, by online gaming pioneer Mark Jacobs and accomplished programmer, Andrew Meggs. Over the past few years, the studio has grown to 37 hard-working, sarcastic and politically incorrect individuals. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team is currently in pre-production of their second game, Camelot Unchained (working title) a niche RvR old-school MMORPG.
City State Entertainment is looking for a 3D Environment Art Intern to help develop and build out the world of our current project, Camelot Unchained. This person will have experience modeling and texturing assets, and have a great visual sense of shape, structure, and silhouette.
· Model, texture, and implement a variety of 3d assets as needed. (Environment, Weapons, Armor, Props)
· Assist other artists with their day to day needs such as LODing, importing, material setup, variations of assets, etc.
· Work with outsourced art to do minor cleanup or provide further instruction with the guidance of artists at CSE
· Strong sense of form, mass, volume, color, and lighting
· Experience in creating organic assets, such as: trees, bushes, rocks, landscapes
· Experience using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Passion for games, specifically MMOs
· Ability to take direction, criticism and a strong desire to learn
· Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
· Able to work in our Fairfax VA office.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work on-site at our Washington DC-area office in the U.S.A. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.