Junior/Mid - Artist - Primary focus = Environments and Props
- Eaton Place, Fairfax, Virgina, United States
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia, by online gaming pioneer Mark Jacobs and accomplished programmer, Andrew Meggs. Over the last few years, the studio has grown to 37 hard-working, sarcastic and politically incorrect individuals. In October 2012, they released their first game, March on Oz, for Apple's iPad. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team is currently working on their second game, Camelot Unchained, a niche RvR old-school MMORPG.
City State Entertainment is looking for a 3D Artist to help develop and build out the world of our current project, Camelot Unchained. This person will have experience taking assets from concept to complete in game and have a great visual sense of shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Model, texture, and implement a variety of 3d assets as needed with a focus on environment and prop work.
- Assist with character art as needed - weapons and armor.
- Strong sense of form, mass, volume, color, and lighting
- Strong skills creating organic assets, such as: trees, bushes, rocks, terrain.
- Strong Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter skills.
- Strong understanding working within art budget constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for games, specifically MMOs
- Ability to take direction, criticism and a strong desire to learn
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Able to work in our Fairfax, Virginia office.
- Experience working with PBR workflows.
- Some character art experience.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work on-site at our Washington DC-area office in the U.S.A. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer.