Software Engineer – Animation
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia, by online gaming pioneer Mark Jacobs and engineer extraordinaire, Andrew Meggs. Several years later, our Seattle studio was founded and is run by another extraordinary engineer, George Davison. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team has built a next-generation engine tentatively titled the "Unchained Engine" which is powering their two games in development - Camelot Unchained, a niche RvR old-school MMORPG (currently in Beta) and Final Stand: Ragnarok, a PvE looter-slasher in which teams of any size fight against hordes of NPCs (currently in very Early Access on Steam).
City State Entertainment is on the lookout for an animation engineer to direct our animation system, Animation pipeline and support our animation team.
Role and Responsibilities
As our animation systems engineer you would be crucial in updating and supporting our engine’s animation system, research and develop new animation system features, and develop or update tools to help artists bring their animations into the game.
• 5+ years of experience with C++ experience. Strong understanding of C#.
• 2+ years of experience in games, simulation software, or VFX development for film.
• Strong 3D math skills.
• Experience developing real-time animation runtime systems for current generation PC games.
• Experience with major animation tools on the market such as Maya (our program of choice), Max, Blender, etc.
• Experience working directly with Animators and artists to solve problems.
• Experience working on MMOs or other Online titles.
• Solid understanding of optimization, timing and animation LODing.
• Ability to optimize animation systems for network prediction.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. While we prefer candidates who can work on-site at either of our Washington DC/Seattle area offices in the U.S.A. Due to COVID-19, all employees are currently working remotely for the time being. Candidates who are hired as "remote only" team members will not ever be required to relocate to either area. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer.