Software Engineer – Graphics
- 120th Street, Kirkland, WA, us
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia, by online gaming pioneer Mark Jacobs and accomplished programmer, Andrew Meggs. Over the last few years, the studio has grown to 31 hard-working, sarcastic and politically incorrect individuals. In October 2012, they released their first game, March on Oz, for Apple's iPad. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team is currently in pre-production of their second game, Camelot Unchained, a niche RvR old-school MMORPG.
City State Entertainment is looking for a mid-level Graphics Engineers to help bring Camelot Unchained to life. This position would be at either our Fairfax, Virginia Headquarters, or our Seattle, Washington satellite office.
Role and Responsibilities
In this position, you would be expected to work closely with technical leadership and other engineers to identify and resolve issues, research and implement new features in our proprietary rendering environment, and help drive superior visual quality of our game. Additionally, you would be expected to develop superior code practices, maintain a quality code base, and help junior engineers grow.
• 2+ years of experience with graphics and rendering. 5+ years of game development experience required.
• Experience with HLSL Shader Development, DirectX 11, and Game rendering pipelines.
• Strong C++ knowledge, especially C++ 14.
• Strong understanding of 3D mathematical concepts in rendering.
• GPU memory optimization and allocation
• Experience in any of the following: Physically based Rendering, Global Illumination, GPU performance optimization, DX12\Vulcan, Particle systems, and Custom rendering pipelines.
• MMO client experience
• Strong knowledge and understanding of PC Graphics chipsets, drivers and APIs.
• Deep passion for implementing cutting edge real time rendering algorithms.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work on-site at our Washington DC-area office or our Seattle, Washington satellite office in the U.S.A. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer.