Maintenance I - Parks/Facilities
- 9199 113th St, Seminole, FL 33772, USA
If you are unable to apply online, a copy of the employment application can be requested by contacting us at (727) 391-0204, extension 108 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City Benefits for Employees:
The City of Seminole offers a competitive benefits package to all regular employees including: paid vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay. The City of Seminole participates in the Florida Retirement System.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL REQUIRED, INCLUDING DRUG TESTING. The City of Seminole is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.
Semi-skilled maintenance and manual work in various activities involving custodial and property maintenance of City parks and City properties. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and sometimes under the general guidance of a Maintenance II employee. Examples of essential position functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs daily restroom custodial duties such as: clean/disinfect toilets, clean/disinfect sinks, clean interior restroom walls and mirrors, mop restroom floors, fill soap, paper towel and toilet paper dispensers and empty trash in all park’s restrooms and Recreation Center outdoor restroom to ensure restrooms are clean and stocked for use by the public.
- Performs daily cleaning and disinfecting of all outdoor drinking fountains.
- Sanitizes playground equipment and reports any maintenance issues to Facilities maintenance Supervisor.
- Patrols parks grounds and picks up all trash, debris (limbs, moss, etc.) and dead animals. Reports any issues found to Facilities maintenance Supervisor.
- Empties all parks trash cans and doggie stations.
Job Hours will be Tuesday - Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Pay Range: $12.57 - $18.23/hour
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. One (1) to three (3) years specific vocational preparation preferred. Has good working knowledge of the practices, procedures, and activities of the Department as they relate to this position. Is able to follow instructions on work assignments and ability to use sound judgment in routine and non-routine situations which may occur. Has the ability to complete all assigned work in an efficient and timely manner. Has the ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, including under unfavorable weather conditions. Has the ability to proficiently use the various types of tools and equipment required to accomplish the work in this position.
Veterans Preference, EOE, DFWP