Fire Inspector - Part-Time
- 9199 113th St, Seminole, FL 33772, USA
If you are unable to apply online, a copy of the employment application can be requested by contacting us at (727) 391-0204 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL REQUIRED, INCLUDING DRUG TESTING. The City of Seminole is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.
The City of Seminole is seeking a part-time Fire Inspector to work under the direction of the Fire Marshal. The part-time schedule will be shift-friendly and will work 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Duties include code application/enforcement, and fire prevention functions. Work duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs as position functions in compliance with all provisions of the current Florida State Statute TITLE X, CHAPTER 112, PART III, CODE OF ETHICS FOR PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES.
- Performs fire and life safety inspections and re-inspections of fire protection systems and equipment on all facilities within the Fire District as to adequacy and compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Performs inspections of residential occupancies as requested and provides safety education information as appropriate.
- In coordination with the city’s, Pinellas County and all contracted area Building Divisions, performs plans review for all site developments, new buildings, additions, and renovations; reviews plans for adequacy of protection systems and equipment as to intended use and purpose of facility, and evaluates fire protection elements to ensure that protection provided is in accordance with applicable codes.
- Provides recommendations for additions and/or changes to codes and ordinances with regard to fire and life safety.
- Assists with the development of the policies and procedures for the administration of the inspection functions within the Section.
- Initiates the appropriate legal action related to fire code violations.
- Performs site plan reviews for appropriate emergency access, pre-existing water supply, and potential hydrant placement, land contours, adjoining properties, and checks to assure plans meet appropriate zoning specifications.
- Maintains up-to-date inspection records, accurate investigation files, and complete documents relating to all phases of the position; performs computer data input functions to ensure all related records and documents are kept current on a timely basis.
- Assists in the development of fire prevention training materials and participates in or conducts the in-service training of same.
- Performs other job related duties that are consistent with assigned Division responsibilities.
Successful candidates will also possess advanced technology and computer proficiency.
The selection process includes an extensive background investigation. The successful candidate will be subject to after-hours call.
Salary range to $21.77 to $32.66 per hour.
Position is open until filled.
Must possess at time of hire: high school diploma/equivalent, A.S. Fire Science preferred; FL Municipal Fire Safety Inspector Certificate of Compliance; and Florida class "E" driver’s license. FL Firefighter Certificate of Compliance preferred.
EOE, DFWP, VP.