Librarian I - Adult and Information Services
- 9200 113th St N, Seminole, FL 33772, USA
If you are unable to apply online, a copy of the employment application can be requested by contacting us at (727) 391-0204 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL REQUIRED, INCLUDING DRUG TESTING. The City of Seminole is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a Librarian I position at the Seminole Community Library. This position is responsible for providing front line customer service for the Adult and Information Services section of the library.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to patrons at the second-floor information desk
- Utilizing the Library's print and electronic sources to retrieve information for patrons.
- Developing, coordinating, publicizing, and presenting adult programs and activities
- Developing book displays, signs, posters, and flyers
- Assisting patrons with computers, printers, scanners
Starting pay for this position is $14.55 per hour. The pay range is $14.55 - $21.10 per hour.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree. Relevant library experience preferred. Ability to analyze facts and exercise judgment and decision making. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees within the Division, other employees within the City government, Pinellas Public Library Cooperative, St. Petersburg College, College Center for Library Automation, Tampa Bay Library Consortium, and patrons of the Seminole Community Library.
EOE, DFWP, VP.