Recreation & Tourism Ambassador
- Merritt, BC, Canada
Merritt is centrally located and nestled in the beautiful Nicola Valley. Our strategic orientation is to pursue growth as a progressive, attractive, economically viable city that is socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. Our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to the community we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Summer Recreation & Tourism Ambassador. As the Summer Recreation & Tourism Ambassador, you will develop skills and gain work experience by providing support for activities throughout the community.
In this role, you might find yourself helping out at the Country Music Hall of Fame or you might be helping with the organizing for community events and/or tourism initiatives for the City of Merritt.
This is a full-time temporary term contract commencing June 28 and is anticipated to end September 3, 2021. The schedule will vary to include days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays; hours of work are not guaranteed and are based on operational requirements.
Funding for this position is provided by the government of Canada, through the Canada Summer Jobs program and to be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must meet the qualifications listed below.
- To qualify for this Canada Summer Jobs opportunity, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment. Youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market are welcome to apply. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons on who refugee protection has been conferred under the Act. Qualifications are set by the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible for this opportunity unless a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
- A Standard First Aid Certificate or higher.
- Experience working with the public including children and youth.
- Experience planning events or recreation activities is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check with vulnerable sector, in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act.
Join Our Team!
It is an exciting time to be a part of our team! We’re looking for people to bring creative ideas, fresh thinking and motivation to join the City of Merritt team.
If your previous experience has prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. For full consideration, please apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, for City of Merritt news, career opportunities and upcoming events!