Day Camp Counselor
- 2111 54th Ave E, Fife, WA 98424, USA
City of Fife
5411 23rd St. East, Fife, WA 98424
To be considered for this job opportunity you must complete an online application through NEOGOV on our website http://cityoffife.org/jobline.
This position is responsible for supervising large groups of children; providing a safe, fun, and engaging atmosphere for all participants. Must maintain flexibility and be available to meet with supervisory staff as required. Job hours will be up to 40 hours a week.
- Working knowledge of recreation programs, services and appropriate activities for youth & teens; strong interest in working with youth.
- Interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of program participants and community members.
- Respond calmly and effectively to emergency situations.
- Independently initiate and complete work activities.
- Ability to work with participants and city staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Possess strong Communication Skills with the ability to understand and give verbal and written instructions in the English language.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize conflict-resolution strategies.
- Explain and enforce facility and program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings as required.
- Maintain professional appearance and wear program uniform as required.
- Ability to drive a vehicle including a 15 passenger van.
- Must be creative, energetic and patient.
- Strong interest and ability to lead activities in art, sports, and games for youth.
- General knowledge of recreation and park programs and philosophies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving skills with facility renters and program patrons.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with program participants, city staff, volunteers and the general public.
- At least one year of college course work in recreation, education or related field or at least two years of working with children ages 5 –15.
- Must be at least 17 years old at time of hire.
- Possession and maintenance of current WA State Driver License.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable driving record per city guidelines.
To be considered for this job opportunity you must complete an online application on our website at http://cityoffife.org/jobline.
For more information and a full job description, please visit our website.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE CITY HAS A TOBACCO AND DRUG-FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT