Recreation Receptionist - Aquatics
- 5410 20th St E, Fife, WA 98424, USA
City of Fife
5411 23rd St. East, Fife, WA 98424
To be considered for this job opportunity you must complete an online application through NEOGOV on our website http://cityoffife.org/jobline.
The City of Fife is the Northern gateway to Pierce County, Washington. Fife offers a small-town feel and big-city ideas. Conveniently located between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and the Port of Tacoma, the City covers roughly 5.7 square miles of land between the Puyallup River and Puget Sound. Once a small farming town, Fife has grown into a hub of community, industry and retail opportunities.
Under the direction of the Parks, Recreation and Aquatics Director, or designee, this employee will perform job functions related to the operations of the Reception desk at the Fife Aquatic Center.
This position typically works 28 hours per week, varied hours Friday through Sunday.
- Staff the Reception desk, greet and assist patrons.
- Operate computer utilizing REC1 software system.
- Track and sell retail items.
- Track participant progress and levels.
- Answer multiple phone lines.
- Process program registration and facility rentals.
- Respond to public inquiries about programs and class information. Provide a variety of general information to patrons on aquatic programs.
- Accurately process cash, check, and credit card transactions. Complete related daily reports and documentation.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Take and relay messages as needed.
- Keep the reception desk area and lobby clean and free of clutter.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Cleaning, stocking and sanitizing lobby area and restrooms as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Any combination equivalent to: a High School Diploma or GED and two years' experience working in a similar job environment.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must obtain valid First Aid and CPR certification within six months of employment.
• Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of area residents and patrons.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal communication skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Basic record-keeping techniques.
• Word Processing skills.
• Telephone etiquette
• Defuse customer interactions.
• Develop and build rapport with the public.
• Demonstrate proper etiquette when interacting with patrons either in person or on the phone.
• Perform CPR and provide basic first aid.
• Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
• Maintain records and generate reports.
• Prioritize and schedule work.
• Maintain current knowledge of related rules, regulations, policies, requirements and restrictions.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Operate a variety of computer software required to successfully perform job functions.
To be considered for this job opportunity you must complete an online application on our website at http://cityoffife.org/jobline.
To be considered for the opportunity please include:
1. A detailed chronological resume; and
2. Cover letter detailing how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.
For more information and a full job description, please visit our website.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE CITY HAS A TOBACCO AND DRUG-FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT